Summer Cold Brew Iced Latte Recipe
Iced coffee and tea are a supremely Summery treat. As it’s also national iced tea month, it’s the perfect time to experiment with cooler drinks and seasonal afternoon snacks.
by EMMA NEWLYN
I’m a big fan of one mainstream coffee retailer’s iced cappuccinos (which contain a whole lot of sugar), so this was a welcome discovery for me recently….
This iced coffee recipe is perfect for sipping on hot days when you want (or need) your caffeine fix, but can’t face a boiling hot cup of liquid. Instead of the various syrups and sweeteners that are injected into frappes or frothy coolers, you can sweeten this recipe naturally with honey, or vanilla extract. If you’re sipping this drink post-exercise, add in your favourite natural protein powder.
Super quick, satisfying and one of the most delicious ways we know of for cooling down this month….
- 2 handfuls of ice
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- ½ cup cold brew coffee (simply brew a tbsp. of ground coffee in cold water for 24 hours, and then strain so you’re just left with the liquid)
- optional: 1 tsp honey, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract, or 1 tsp cocoa / cacao powder. I added 2 drops of culinary standard cardamom essential oil.
- Add half the ice to a blender, and pour in the milk and half the coffee and any sweeteners or powders of your choice
- Blend well
- Pour the liquid over the over half of the ice (make sure the ice is in a cup obviously….), add the other half of the coffee
- Top with cinnamon or cocoa for an extra treat, and sip with a straw
About the author
Emma Newlyn is a 500hour RYT, Musician, Writer, Blogger, Published Author & Therapist.
She is also a Brighton Yoga Foundation Trustee and Manager.
Visit her website here: