Raw Chocolate Topped ‘Cheesecake’ Pots
A recipe that feels indulgent but is full of secret health benefits, and packed with plant based goodness. Chocolatey, sweet and satisfying, you’ll never guess that this recipe contains absolutely no refined sugar, and is made with 100% natural ingredients.
by EMMA NEWLYN
Serve straight from the fridge or freezer on a warm Summer evening, or create a batch and freeze for when you’re entertaining unexpected guests. The whole family will love this recipe, and if you’ve got children, you can be proud that you’re serving them something that tastes ‘naughty’ but is completely ‘nice’ for them.
For The Base
- ½ cup oats
- 1 tbsp raw honey / natural sweetener
- 1/3 cup dates
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 small handful crushed walnuts
For The Filling
- 1 avocado
- 1 large banana
- 2 tbsp honey / natural sweetener
- ½ cup cacao powder
For The Topping
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ tsp good quality salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients for the base to a food processor or blender and blend well to create a crumbly, sticky mixture.
- Divide the mixture into equal amounts depending upon the amount of people you’re feeding, or use one large dish between everyone.
- Firmly press the mixture into the bottom of individual small dishes, or your one large dish
- Blend the filling ingredients well to create a smooth consistency
- Pour the ingredients over the base
- Place this all in the freezer for a couple of hours or overnight to set
- Once everything is set, melt your coconut oil and add the cacao powder, salt and vanilla extract
- Pour on top of the filling, and place in the fridge
Serve with a few crushed nuts or edible flowers for a special occasion, or scoop on some homemade ice cream!
About the author
Emma Newlyn is a 500hour RYT, Musician, Writer, Blogger, Published Author & Therapist.
She is also a Brighton Yoga Foundation Trustee and Manager.
Visit her website here: